We have also been lucky enough to have spent Christmas with our family & friends, but we have to admit that it feels nice not to feel like we’re living out of a suitcase now!
With the news breaking over the weekend about Australia, it’s a tough pill to swallow going into 2020 knowing that already so many people and animals are facing what can only be described as ‘hell on earth’. Our hearts go out to all those affected. Just as those in Sudan, the Amazon & all over the world that are still experiencing devastation.
It’s been great to see some ‘celebrities’ starting to speak out and offer help, but whilst that is fantastic, money can sadly only go so far to help the destruction & we can’t help thinking that we need more of these people, celebrities & leaders to live by example as so many of us are starting to do so.
This weekend for example is the prime time for holiday companies to promote their cheapest prices for travel. We’re not putting a downer on your summer break, but we must get out of the habit of thinking this means it’s an actual deal.
They simply make more money out of us at the other times of the year! Price doesn’t always mean quality and the bigger picture impact is much more than just a cheap holiday abroad
Morally, how can we aid further carbon emissions when we’re seeing huge destruction globally!
Short term fixes/experiences are going to cost our world much more than a few celeb handouts.
No one will help any of us when this gets out of hand
We need to take our futures seriously. Learn from each other, support one another & stop wasting.
So that we give you some positive facts, here are some of our favourites:
• Humpback whales have come back from the brink of extinction
• Thailand is now plastic free in supermarkets and using local materials such as banana leaves
• The Netherlands are using areas such as bus stop roofs and covering them with flowers and planets
• The Neterlands have eradicated stray dogs from their country. The first in the world
• Rome now allows you to pay for the metro with plastic bottles with the current count at c350k bottles that have been recycled!
• Prince William has created an initiative to encourage others to help repair the planet. They have called it ‘The Earth shot prize’
• And much more is being done by people like you who are willing to review their way of living for the sake of the planet.
Do things part time, make a small change, be a flexitarian, try your best! But Try! That’s all anyone is hoping for
2020 is not just vision. It’s the future. Let’s all use these years wisely
Your choices, more than ever will leave a footprint on this planet. No one is asking you to give up anything and live in a cave, but with some conscious choices, we all have a better chance of not living in worse conditions in the future!
What are your thoughts? We’d love to hear what you think!
You may also be interested in...
It’s not new news that our Rainforests are being destroyed because of the human need & consumption of Palm Oil. Everyone has seen the scene in Wolf of Wallstreet, right? It’s called supply & demand! We need to tackle both.
Why? Well, because amongst lots of things, the last wild orangutans & great apes & many more natural species are being pushed to the brink of extinction.
The problem is, that palm oil is found in roughly half the products sold in all grocery stores and is a major cause of rainforest destruction and human rights abuses.